Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Pick up: 08h00 or 12h30
Note: This tour does not operate on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Mr Ohlthaver’s House: If you’ve ever wondered what it was like to be a mine official in the good old days, here’s your chance to find out how it used to be.
- Dowse House: Wander through the corridors as you learn about home-schooling (without the internet).
- Oosthuizen House: A “ghostly” experience awaits you as you stroll down the passages of time, where you will see what it was to ‘waste not, want not’.
Liquid gold – there’s nothing quite like the magnificent glow that emanates from the molten liquid. This is an experience of the heart, soul and mind that you will never forget.
Underground Mine Tour
Descend into the depths of the earth and discover the riches of our history. Experience the heart stopping feeling of travelling deep below the surface. Feel the cold air and touch the rough rock that holds the wealth of a nation.
Gold Reef City Heritage Tour Includes:
- Heritage Tour
- Mr Ohlthaver’s House
- Dowse House
- Oosthuizen House
- Gold Pour
- Underground Mine Tour
- Departures Tuesday to Sunday
- Duration ± 4h
- Minimum 2 people
- Excluding refreshments, gratuities and personal items
The following rules apply to the underground tour to ensure the safety of our guests:
- Pregnant woman and children under 6 are not allowed to go underground.
- People with the following conditions are not allowed to go underground: Claustrophobia, High or Low Blood Pressure, people with any walking defects such as an artificial foot or leg, people who recently had major surgery or anybody who ever had a bypass and any person without shoes.
- People who suffer from Asthma cannot go down the mine.
- People who are visually impaired cannot go down the mine.
|2 or more person rate||Single person rate|