Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Pick up: 07h00 or 12h00
Regrettably no children under 6
Visit this rare and endangered species breeding centre near the Magaliesberg about 1 hour 15 minutes north of Sandton. Join a guided tour in an open safari vehicle to observe cheetah, wild dog, brown hyenas and vultures. Learn about the development of this centre and their success in releasing animals into the wild.
De Wildt is a wildlife conservation project focusing on the preservation of endangered species, in particular the cheetah. Since 1974 scientists at De Wildt have been studying and successfully breeding cheetah and other rare animals for release into the wild. The station is set in the bushveld of Magaliesberg.
- Entrance fee into The Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre
- Cheetah run (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday mornings only)
- Bottled water
- Transfer to and from The Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre
- Daily departure
- Duration: 4h+
- Monday to Sunday – 2 hour guided tour at 9:30 & 14:30
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday mornings-Cheetah Run
- NB: BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
|2 or more person rate||Single person rate|