Day-Visit Activities include:
- Duration – Daily ±2½ hours
- Times – Summer: 07:00 & 16:00, winter: 07:30 & 15:00
You need to be at reception ±20 minutes before the drive; self-help tea & coffee available in the restaurant.
Elephant Experiences are scheduled to suit our elephant. We want our elephant to be elephant, and with this in mind, we ensure that our elephant are ‘doing elephant things’ somewhere in the reserve between these scheduled times. Look out for them on your game drive!
Wake-up Call – Meet at Reception – 06h45 (max 8pax)
Elephant Experience – 07h00 to 09h00 (approximately 2 hours)
Join in with the elephant wake-up call at the stables. Experience their morning wash and feeding. Then see their training session, interacting with the elephants and join them on an hour’s walk through the bushveld.
- Meet at Reception – 09h15 (max 20 pax)
- Elephant Experience – 10h30 to 12:00 (approximately 1½ hours)
- Touch & feed Educational Experience
- At the Lodge, our elephant manager will present an educational session. Then it’s down to the viewing area for interaction with our elephant. This will include ‘touch and feeding’ our elephants.
- Meet at Reception – 13h45 (max 8pax)
- Elephant Experience – 14h00 to 16h00 (approximately 1½ hours)
- Walk with our elephants through bushveld and riverine areas. This lends itself to fantastic photographic opportunities.
Elephant experience checklist
- A hat or a cap
- It is always a good idea to use sun block cream (all through the year)
- A light, warm jacket during the cooler months (May to August, inclusive)
- Comfortable walking shoes
Lodge guests are requested to book at Reception. All other guests are requested to book elephant experiences in advance by contacting us or by requesting a quotation online.
Booking is essential – Kindly also note that elephant experiences occur at the scheduled times, indicated above, and late arrivals, as much as we would like to accommodate them, will forfeit monies paid. (See Elephant Experience Terms and Conditions).
The above experiences are designed to fit humans around the daily natural routines of our elephant, rather than the other way round. Elephants are prone to having bad mood days, or may get nervous with weather or other conditions. Your safety, and the well-being of our elephant, is paramount. Our Elephant Manager will make a safety assessment before each experience. If there is a deemed increase in the risk to your safety, we retain the right to cancel such an experience, and either provides a different experience or a refund (if paid for in advance).
Booking is essential
|Elephant Experiences / Game Drives|
|1 Person||2 or more|